fredag 9 september 2011

Cleaning cymbals; ain't it a bitch?

I just ran across this DIY-video on YouTube when I was watching random videos. It was really interesting and so I decided to try it myself afterwards.



I was amazed over the final result.
Previously I used the Paiste solution which would cost me about $10 from the closest music store. Now I used this method and got practically the same result! And what's even better: it doesn't remove the logo from the cymbal!
Another thing with brand solutions that I've tried is that they can leave ugly washing marks after drying, which are pretty hard to remove as well. Lemonjuice can be washed away with ease.


Plus I found it inviting with a cup of tea afterwards. This man is a bliss!

EDIT: Found out it works just as well with vinegar. Just use a regular kitchen sponge with a scrubbing side for stubborn stains. I prefer lemon juice though, since it doesn't smell bad and it doesn't leave marks, should it manage to dry before rinse.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar